One of my very favorite ways to make sure that I am ingesting a therapeutic amount of turmeric regularly is by making and enjoying a delicious drink called Golden Milk.
Here is an easy guide for how to make this ancient Ayuervedic Remedy
Golden Milk Recipe
Step 1: Turmeric Paste:
- 1/4 cup of Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of Cinnamon or Ground Pepper or Clove
- 1/2 cup of filtered water
Mix all ingredients in a small a small sauce pan and mix well. Turn the heat to medium high and stir constantly until the mixture is a thick paste. This does not take long so don’t walk away from the pan.
Let this mixture cool and then keep it in a small jar in the fridge.
Step 2: Golden Milk
- 1 cup of almond milk (hemp or coconut are also good options)
- 1 teaspoon Coconut Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon or more of turmeric paste
- Raw Local Honey
Combine all the ingredients, except honey in a saucepan. Turn the heat to medium. While heating make sure to stir constantly and do not allow the mixture to boil. Add Honey to taste.